Providers and Staff
When Dr. Taylor and Dr. Smith set out to start a pediatric practice they had one simple goal in mind. They desired that everyone involved in the practice, both patient and staff, would thrive. First and foremost they want you, the patient and your family, to be in your best health to encounter your daily activities.
Secondly, they desired to create a pediatric office that was not only fun for the kids and convenient for their guardians but also place of positivity for its staff.
Brandon Taylor, DO/MBA FAAP
Throughout 12 years of caring for children in his pediatric practice, Dr. Taylor is passionate about creating a place where patients and their families can truly thrive.
Dr. Taylor, with his wife and 6 children, came to Meridian excited to establish roots in the community where his father’s family started a new life here 75 years ago! After 6 years of practice here, he has done just that!
For many years Dr. Taylor has desired to create and run a pediatric practice. Starting Thrive Pediatrics begins a journey that will continue to elevate pediatric care in the Treasure Valley. Outside of work, Dr. Taylor enjoys spending time with his family and using his creativity and tools to build just about anything.
Dr. Taylor’s goal as a pediatrician is to help families and children feel more at ease navigating the physical, as well as emotional and mental health challenges they face.
“As a parent, you become specialists in your own children, and I feel strongly that learning from you and working together as a team brings the best outcomes.”
Education and Medical Training:
- American Board of Pediatrics, since October 2007. Recertification December 2018
- University of Nebraska/Creighton Pediatric Residency – Omaha, Nebraska, 2004 – 2007
- D.O., Kansas City University of Medicine and Biosciences, Kansas City, Missouri, 2004
- MBA, Health Care Leadership, Rockhurst University, Kansas City, Missouri, 2004
- M.S., Sociology, Utah State University, Logan, Utah, 2000
- B.S., Biology, Utah State University, Logan, UT, 1998
Steven A. Smith, MD/FAAP
For more than ten years, Dr. Smith has provided general pediatric care in the Treasure Valley. He is thrilled to continue this at Thrive Pediatrics.
Dr. Smith and his wife, a fourth-grade teacher, love Idaho and strive to support and build their community. He loves the time he gets to spend coaching and volunteering with his kids’ sports teams. As a family, they enjoy the outdoors including biking, hiking, skiing and simply exploring.
At Thrive Pediatrics, Dr. Smith will continue to work hard on behalf of newborns, children, and adolescents and hopes to improve patient care with the help of the Thrive portal system. Families need reliable, simple and quality health care for their children. At Thrive Pediatrics, Dr. Smith commits to deliver such care while keeping it fun for children and families alike.
“Families need reliable, simple and quality health care for their children.”
Education and Medical Training:
- January 2019 to present: Pediatric Department Chair, St. Luke’s Children’s Hospital.
- August 2009 to present: Practicing Board Certified General Pediatrician.
- July 2007 to 2009: Resident, University of California, Davis Medical Center.
- June 2006 to June 2007: Internship, University of California, Davis Medical Center.
- June 2006: MD, University of California, Irvine, College of Medicine.
April 2002: BA in Spanish with a minor in Chemistry, Brigham Young University.