At Thrive, we have taken a number of important steps to prevent the spread of illness in our practice. Before we ever even broke ground on our new location, we were planning and designing a clinic that would allow us to see and treat both the sick and the well at the same time.
These are just a few of the important steps we’ve taken at Thrive to protect our “Well” patients:
- We’ve designed our clinic to split between Sick and Well. From the entrances and waiting rooms to the bathrooms and exam rooms, we keep a strict separation between the two.
- Our Thrive app allows families to complete all registration and check-in before they ever step foot in the clinic. This allows for families to work from their own devices and shorten their time in the waiting and exam rooms. We’re also disinfecting each iPad in between each use.
- We’ve removed all of our toys and books from the general waiting area and exam rooms and are offering them one at a time to families as they come in while disinfecting them in between each use.
- Our protocols for assessing and testing patients with respiratory issues greatly contain the spread of any illnesses and quite often (See Thrive’s blog post on Thrive’s Response to the Coronavirus).
- Our staff regularly and consistently follow cleaning protocols throughout the day. These protocols were very thorough before all of this and only needed slight modifications in dealing with the Coronavirus.
Please know that keeping our patients and their families well is of the upmost priority for us at Thrive Pediatrics. If you have any concerns or questions, don’t hesitate to call us at 208-514-0203.